CircusNextplus is a new European project coordinated by Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe and carried out by La Grainerie (France), La Central del Circ (Spain), Cirqueon (Czech Republic), Latitude 50 (Belgium) and Subtopia (Sweden).
This new program aims at supporting emerging creators of contemporary circus in all aspects of their creation path as artistic directors and as project leaders.
With the support of the European Union
OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS 2019 – 2021
Five companies will be selected – one company from each country, and offered a 2 year European program to develop their skills as creators and as leaders.
Each selected company will participate in 3 collective labs gathering artistic creators and 2 artistic teams workshops (similar to a residency, for research and experimentation, but approaching other skills linked to the creation project such as artistic, technical, production or communication aspects).
- be emergent circus authors resident in Europe
- present a new creation project
- not be currently studying in a circus school
- be resident in Europe
- be available for the 3 collective labs:
- Espace Périphérique in Paris (France): June 17-28, 2019
- La Grainerie in Balma (France): October 12-23, 2020
- Subtopia in Stockholm (Sweden): June 11-22, 2021
- be available for 2 artistic team workshops (2 weeks each). Dates to be chosen between June 2019 and June 2021
Artists can apply as individuals or as a company (a legal structure or a formal company is not required) but only in one of the partner countries.
The project will cover all the labs and residencies expenses (travel, accommodation and per diem) for the selected companies.
Deadline for admissions: 19th December 2018
If you are applying to this project through La Central del Circ, please contact Nini Gorzerino, projects manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org